Monday, December 7, 2009

Shoshone Documentary


The picture to the left is a picture of Bruce Perry. He recently resigned from being Chief of the Shoshone Indians.
-
Why do I bring this up? Well . . . Film Club is going to be doing a Documentary on the Shoshone Indians! I am very excited for this project! (: I hope you decide to help work on this project. On Friday January 29th we (Film Club) are going to get to go up to Idaho to film some of the anual memorial celebration for the Bear River Massacre.
-
This Massacre is a big deal in Shoshone history. 493 Native Americans were killed by US troops - making it the largest masscre by US troops in United States history.
-
The reason I bring this up is because we need chaperones. If you parents are interested in being Chaperones I need to know ASAP (preferably before Christmas Break).

No comments:

Post a Comment